Entrepreneurs are what built America. They revolutionized our society and established many of the products we have come to depend on, including cars, light bulbs and phones. There are several characteristics of entrepreneurs that are found in those that find success and even though the face of business has changed, the basics behind great business haven’t.
What are the most common characteristics of an entrepreneur.
1. Drive. Most entrepreneurs tried and failed several times before they hit gold. The most successful entrepreneurs pick themselves up and start again until they get a system that works. It isn’t uncommon for an entrepreneur to be working on several projects at once.
2. Planning. Entrepreneurs are willing to learn what they need to know and can plan a launch, growth campaign, expansion and more without having to hire a team to do it for them.
3. Confidence. One of the most common characteristics of a successful entrepreneur is confidence. Depending on yourself for income can be scary or rewarding. If you don’t have the confidence to keep going when you fail and try again when you have new ideas, you may not have the characteristics of an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs are confident that their plan will work and are willing to risk it all to make their dreams become a reality.
4. Ethics. With the world wide web and the ability to post about anything and anyone, a business person, now more than ever, must display that they are honest, forthcoming and a joy to work with.
5. Communication. A great entrepreneur knows what to say and when to say it. They can write a motivating sales pitch, create interesting presentations and inspire you with their emails. Communication is the one skill that every entrepreneur must have in order to survive. Steph Korey
6. Passion. It is possible for an entrepreneur to have a successful business without loving it, but what’s the point. If you don’t have a passion for what you are doing you will eventually decide it’s not for you. Find something that you love and pursue it.
7. Charity. Entrepreneurs support the community that supports them. They are the most generous group of the population and often can be seen at fundraisers and supporting community organizations.
8. Money. Successful entrepreneurs know that having a successful business isn’t about having money. If you are an entrepreneur at heart money will begin to flow into your business.
Some entrepreneurs have all of these characteristics and some have only a few, but these main characteristics of an entrepreneur are only a few of what is seen in most of those who turn their business into a success. They are as unique as each person and each business.